On April 23, 2018, the Department of Labor published a “Field Assistance Bulletin” providing guidance to fiduciaries of private-sector employee benefit plans. The note served as a clarification related to the DOL 2015 guidance on economically targeted investments and the DOL 2016 guidance on shareholder engagement. While remaining clear that fiduciaries must prioritize financial returns, the DOL confirmed that pension managers can and should feel comfortable using ESG factors as an input in evaluating potential risk and financial return.
- Morningstar: The ‘critical’ factors investors must consider when investing in passive ESG funds
- Which technology companies are most ESG-friendly?
- Newton IM expands sustainable range with sterling bond fund
- Forbes: One Key To Impact Investing: Start Big
- Bloomberg: Facebook Turns Toxic for Some ESG Funds
- ESG Performance At A Turning Point?
- ‘Green’ asset classification system gets go-ahead from EU finance ministers
- Evolving Principles Changing ESG Space
- Fixed Income ETFs Jump Into ESG
Tags: Impact Investing